Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Writer's Island - Message in a Bottle

~ poetry
~
written for Writer's Island

Message in a bottle, take me away;
Float me to an island and another day.

A day where I can find sunshine and ocean sounds;
A day where I don't have to make 100 technology rounds.

Peace, and slowness I seek to survive;
All of this frenzy, it's a wonder I am alive.

Message in a bottle take me where you might.
Follow the ocean's waves let our destination take flight.

I am open to change whatever it may be.
It's from the rigors of life that I wish to be free.

Free to explore what possibilities might be there
Message in a bottle please take me anywhere.

I will follow you blindly, safe inside your core
Message in a bottle please offer me something more.

(c)Michelle S. 2007.

All Rights Reserved ~


Come check out other writers on Writer's Island or better yet, come on over and join the island!

* I consider this and most all of work here works in progress. I know there are several areas. All constructive feedback is welcome.

6 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Really beautiful.I loved it--such a simple request--yet it asks so much!Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

I like the rhyming!

paris parfait said...

Great rhyme pattern and a sentiment with which many can identify!

Robin said...

"Float me to an island and another day"

I love the image of floating to another day.

paisley said...

i feel so absolutely fortunate to be me today as i read this and i know i am unencumbered,, i do what i want with the technology i enjoy,, but i feel no pressure... this was lovely....

Tumblewords: said...

Some days it would be so nice to be afloat and free and warm and open and imbued with adventure and hope. I love the feeling you've put into this piece!