Saturday, October 6, 2007

Difference

~ written for BlogFriday

Different

What is different between then and now?
How do I know I have come so far?

I know I am older, wiser I hope,
but how do I know I am different now?

Different physically the world can see,
I am doing OK the outside of me.

The inside, my mind, takes more work.
Growth has evolved - the difference is there,
but only after hours in a therapist's chair!

My strength is my beauty, my desire for serenity abounds.
The strength of the ocean, the peace of the bay,
all remind me how I have grown into today.

The then and the now always will be.
Self-acceptance and self are the forces I've found.
The difference is now. The difference is me.

(c)Michelle S. 2007.

All Rights Reserved

* Poetry is not my strong genre for me at all. Aside from never knowing the best way to punctuate it I always feel as if it is sophomoric and too sing song-y.

**I consider this and most all of work here works in progress. All constructive feedback is welcome.

No comments: