Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Unforgettable

~ written for Writer's Island

There are many amazing things that have happened to me in my life, some remembered readily and thought of often, other remembered only when my memory is jogged by a scent, a comment or a photo.

Recently what has been most unforgettable to me are the smaller things. Maybe one or two of them standing along are not unforgettable, but when collectively the small things keep occurring, they become unforgettable.

What do I mean? I mean the person in your office who you are not really friendly with but who is in on many of your meetings remembering your birthday two years in a row. The neighbor next door who takes out both his and your trash every week. The mailman that is smart enough to carry milk bones instead of mace in his pocket but who is nice enough to feed 5 of them to your dog (after asking of course!). Unforgettable moments and people do not have to be grand or elaborate - although those can be nice as well.

The wise older co-worker who helps guide you through the ins and outs of mortgages, without ever touching on the subject of you financial status. The co-worker who one day becomes a friend and you never realized the transition happened. I could go on and on. You know what I mean.

Treasure the little things in life. Those are the things that we need to remember that we need to cultivate as unforgettable, they are the things that occur day in and day out - not just as a once in a lifetime moment. Both have their place but to find joy every day...find the unforgettable moments in your day.


Come check out other writers on Writer's Island or better yet, come on over and join the island!

* I consider this and most all of work here works in progress. I know there are several areas. All constructive feedback is welcome.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

what a beautiful reminder to not take the little things for granted. I often stop and treasure those people in my life that always seem to go out of there way to help. nice 'unforgettable'post. :)

Annie Jeffries said...

A lovely post and excellent reminder of the goodness in life.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I totally agree with he sentiments here. What a nice post.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I totally agree with he sentiments here. What a nice post.

Anonymous said...

How we take these for granted! Thanks for this greatpost!